Day 3: My Top 5 Favorite Bands/Musicians
Monica Birkenes aka Mr. Little Jeans
She's my latest discovery among my Top 5. I heard her song Angel during a Dan and Blair scene on Gossip Girl. Her songs aren't too wordy, but it's the type in which the whole music speaks for itself. Her voice is downright relaxing and eargasmic.
Trent Dabbs
I first heard his music on One Tree Hill. I swear, you guys, TV introduces good music, great even. My Trent Dabbs favorite is Off We Go. Such a perfect song for road trips. Go check him out! But do not speak of him in public, I don't want everyone to know him. Haha.
Sara Bareilles
She doesn't have any dull song, you know, those kind of songs that are included in an album but never stand out. All her songs shine in different ways. I love her sometimes-upbeat, sometimes-melodramatic kind of songs. I do have a Sara Bareilles favorite: Breathe Again. Guess where I heard that. TV, yes. The Vampire Diaries.
Nada Surf
Ahhh, pure love. They tie with the last band/musician on my Top 5(which will come next). I'm not closed to a specific genre, and I think they aren't, too. Their earlier albums were more of rock than alternative, and then alternative rock. I heard them on One Tree Hill(my fave teen drama, you guys). One of their songs is actually where I derived my blog url. I also learned from these guys that the weight is a gift. And no, not the body weight, but the weight of life struggles in general. Here's a podcast of Peyton Sawyer(One Tree Hill) talking about "The Weight": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb0k8KnQR8U. I super love Nada Surf's Always Love.
Fall Out Boy
Do you remember your first love? Well, they are my first love. Their songs do not hide under euphemism or metaphorical shiznits. The lyric is downright what it means, at least for me. Their music is like your everyday conversation, only sung and more awesome. That's what they are. I probably was, and still am, the saddest person when they hit an indefinite hiatus. And I'm still hoping for their comeback. Sugar We're Goin Down... what a classic.
The first three on my list are probably momentarily. But Nada Surf and Fall Out Boy, boy, pure love.
Labels: 30daychallenge







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home