Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Where do I see myself in 5 years (hopefully)

Lately I've been watching shows about people pursuing their dreams amidst their daily life struggles. Yes, Girls and Don't Trust The Bitch In Apartment 23.

I'll be 19 on July and 24 five years later. So, where do I see myself in five years?

I'm probably starting a life in NYC or LA or anywhere near those cities, because I just came from Singapore for a 2-year work experience prior to where I really want to pursue my passion - the US of A. I'm probably a contributing writer in a publishing company/magazine or a writer for a TV show in a network corporation or anything related to communication arts... possibly a Lena Dunham 2.0. God, that woman is like my hero. An actress, a show runner, a director, a writer, and a lot more all at the same time at 25? Definitely my hero. Or I could be in Starbucks serving coffees if nothing works out.

If I happen to be in NYC, I definitely see myself living in a low-cost apartment near Manhattan... meaning Brooklyn. The outskirts of Brooklyn. Thank goodness for the subway I could still feel very Manhattan-y. I can possibly be a roommate or hire one. The same goes for LA, I'm just not sure where. LA has always been very distinct because of the TV industry, so anywhere around LA... probably.

No car still. Even a secondhand or thirdhand one. If it costs $200, then probably yes. Hahahaha. I'll settle on that just for easy transpo. Although subways are much more convenient in places like NYC. But I want a cheap car, in case of sporadic road trips.

All my clothes are probably from Goodwill. And my furniture and everything in my apartment, too.

And I do see myself knowing how to cook decent meals. I don't wanna live on fast foods. I also see myself mastering painting my right fingernails. What else...

Boyfriend... I don't think so. Non-exclusive dating... maybe. Yound, wild, and free... definitely.

So to my US Visa Application in a year or two, please do not fail me.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At May 7, 2016 at 5:39 PM , Blogger a said...

This is so funny. I apologize for this, you guys. God, I was so immature.

I am 23 now, and I'm not even close to doing these things. But guess what... it's actually not bad, what I got going on right now.

Hahaha, I'm sorry for this post. Truly. It's embarrassing, and I almost want to delete it, but I want reminders. I want reminders of myself, good or bad.

I've had some great luck in the guy department, though. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home