Saturday, June 8, 2013

Almost getting it kind of together

It's funny because I was actually considering making a new blog an hour before I wrote this. I had this pseudo-epiphany that I should start a blog that would tackle my life as a would-be adult. But meh, I'm too lazy. Plus, I thought it'd be really cool to look back on this blog someday and see my transition from a mad teenager to an actual mature adult. If that's ever bound to happen. Haha. I can not believe I'm turning twenty years old in less than a month. I don't feel twenty. I don't even feel nineteen. But some things definitely changed. My decisions, my circles, my mindset. They're not the same things I had in me when I was even just a few years short of being nineteen.

I recently completed my internship at TV 6, and let me just say that my horizon(yuck) just went further. I don't mean it in terms of experiences(relevant to my career of choice, although it's about that, too), but in terms of becoming an adult. A lady. A woman. It's just so nice to meet people you share interests with. I mean, we grew together in that short span of time. And I mean the interests that would soon be what I would professionally do. It's just different when you start disclosing yourself to mature-and-still-is-maturing individuals. I don't know if I'm even making any hint of sense here, but... I guess what I'm trying to say is at this age, sometimes it's just right to expand your horizon and embrace the things that you do and will do because this is IT. You are going to be an adult, and this is what the rest of your life is going to look like.

Hell, I don't know if I'm ready for it, because some of the choices I make still come from the inner child in me. But I will do it. I mean, yes, you can't be too sure, but I guess that's how you learn. By risking. By doing. By failing. By trying again. And maybe that's how people grow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home